Old December 16th 03, 03:37 PM
Jeff Potter

Default what was 'the New Skate' ?

Ken Roberts wrote:

[ ] Audun Endestad skated on the U.S. National ski team, and then teamed
with
John Teaford in 1987 to write a book called "Skating for Cross-Country
Skiers". A sound treatment of ski skating technique for racers, with lots
of good tips that are still helpful today.

I recall glancing at that book a few times and thinking he was teaching a kind
of toilet seat position. He copied speedskaters too much. Reminded me of the
early Koch video as well. It has ankle flex but no forwardness. It doesn't seem
like the feet 'swim' but that there are huge shoves with weight-back. Butt
drops too much. Did I miss the good stuff or remember it all wrong?

--

Jeff Potter
****