Old October 2nd 03, 10:45 AM
Keith

Default helmet recommendations

"chog" wrote in message
om...
hi,

was riding in my gath surf helmet last year, but was too sweaty/cold
in equal measure. plus it seemed uncomfortable in a way it never does
when in the sea. maybe it was the goggles squeezing it into my head

any recommendations & links for good stylish helmets for the snow?

thanks in advance

chog.

I can recommend the Giro SST - it's a skateboardy type thing. I bought it
accidentally (thought I was buying a Giro 9) but the SST fared pretty well.
I used it for a month this year in March, when the temperature was going up
quite a bit, and even then I didn't overheat at all. My goggles fitted
nicely into the front, and it has removeable ear-flaps if it gets too warm
(which it didn't).

Also, if you care much about what you look like, it seems to be pretty
well-liked - I had a couple of people tell me it was the best looking helmet
they'd seen that year.

Keith