Old February 28th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Bad glide on classic skis

Have you gotten alot of K on the skis since you bought them or have
you gotten them ground from a local shop? Depending on the machine,
it can take from 0-300Km before the skis are fast.

Not a lot of time on them, since we haven't had much snow. I've been
ironing in warm wax, but perhaps they simply need more.

Did you get your kick zone marked? Usually shops will draw a line on
the ski telling you where to wax.

Yes, I'm marked for hard waxes and kllister

how are your corking skills? After you corked, was the kick wax
smooth or did it have ridges?

I think I am corking ok, but perhaps putting on more than is
necessary, so it takes a bit to get the wax smooth.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I just need to get more warm wax ironed
in,
Mary