Old January 16th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

Default Stupid helmet question - Don't Fly BA.

"Le Dieu" wrote in message
... Just bought one and I'm heading out for four days next week. Just
wondering if anyone's got any packing tips. I'm only taking an overnight bag
which won't offer it much in the way of protection.

Well if you were flying after mid Feb I would say don't fly BA, not only are
their cabin staff threatening strike action, but the management now want to make
excessive charges if you have more than one bag. Whilst it does say "Skis,
poles and boot bag allowed" you presumably would be charged an extra £60 per leg
were you to have a separate bag with your helmet in it and paid at the airport.

See http://www.britishairways.com/travel...y/public/en_gb

and http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_gb

I am not sure how "Skis, poles and boot bag allowed" would be interpreted
bearing in mind that if you had skis, you would likely have two additional bags,
one with skis and poles and one with boots.

--

Michael Chare