Old February 26th 06, 11:17 AM

I hope not. There are enough bull**** events in the olympics. In that I
consider anything with a snowboard or anything "extreme". Throw ice
dancing in there too.

I agree with your comments relating to ice dancing. Its not a winter sport.
Its done on a year round ice rink, mostly at a city location far removed from
the winter sports arena and their major competitions take place worldwide in
all four seasons.

I dont believe Nordic Sprints are working. I believe they were encouraged by
the success of the sprints and city centre criteriums on rollerskis.
For that short sprint distance it gave an outlet for our younger skiers with
the 'fast twitch muscles'to shine in competition.
Instead, our races have been extended to 1.2Kms upwards and are being fought
over at WC and Oly's by older established distance skiers desperate for points
or medals. Glancing thru recent sprint start lists there dont appear to show
'unknown proven sprinters' being put forward by the team managers.
So, at the Oly's youngsters are being denied their chance of glory as older
established team members risk the real chance of spillage injuries and fatigue
spoiling their chances of success at their 'prepared' distances.
So just perhaps NordiX should be considered as an alternative for our youngsters.

In Britain our downhill skiing continued despite our warm winters by the use of
'dry slopes' which generated its own sking enterprise, just as in the early days
some rollski racers never skied on snow.
Perhaps NordicX could be developed using all season plastic surfaced courses in
a similar manner.