Old August 22nd 16, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron C

Default Opportunity to get involved in pro skiing

On 8/20/2016 4:58 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
Killington is looking for volunteers to help out with a World Cup race Thanksgiving weekend.

http://digital.vpr.net/post/killingt...vents#stream/0

From what I remember of Thanksgiving time in Vermont, they may be asking for people to shovel crushed ice onto the course from trucks.

Interesting. I've never done a high level racing event (though I
was on the jury for some regional races) but did judge one
of the pro mogul tour events at Killington a bunch of years ago.

I also got to shadow judge a World Cup freestyle event at Lake Placid.
[Very cool judging next to other (apprentice) international judges.]

I'm guessing my experience as an official would have been quite
different from any volunteer experiences.

IMHO, being part of an event is always an interesting experience.

==
Later...
Ron C