Old January 24th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default lake Tahoe Ski rentals

Mike wrote:
The reason is I dont want to get invoved with ski area rental lines and
waits. My own atomics were bought after doing the demo thing. I also want to
ski different areas, and to have to go to the area rental shop each tine,
forgetting about that day, would be crazzy.

Wow. Don't know where you've been, but my local's demo shop is separate
from the main rental, uncrowded, and considerate. Willing to chat about
the skis, too. Even so, the best plan would be to arrive early and take
it easy. (P.S. the main rental's pretty quick, also.)
I don't know squat about South Tahoe shops - whole nother world.

Mike

wrote in message
. net...
Mike wrote:
I do not want to rent over at Heavenly or Sierra.

Why? Renting demo skis at a resort allows you to come in several times and
change skis - it's an excellent chance to catch up with developments. If
you rent away from the slope you can't change skis.