Old April 3rd 05, 09:40 PM

In article ,
Booker C. Bense
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Mar.29.05@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
In article ,
Booker C. Bense
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Mar.23.05@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

These Karhu are waxable but do have negative fishscale. I have no idea
how can I wax (I mean gripwaxes and klisters) waxable skis with a
fishscale. I suspect the pattern was made in the ski shop.

_ Highly unlikely. Those are waxless skis.

So what does 'sintered waxable base' (written on the base) mean??

Are you having problems getting enough kick out of the
skis?

Right

If you really want you can just put kick wax on a negative
pattern base, but in general it doesn't work well and is a
bear to clean afterwards.

Yes, I've realised that already.
:-(

_ If you need more climbing power, try kicker skins.

Should I
return these skis?

_ If you wantto wax, buy waxable skis.

They are supposed to be waxable (according to the info on the base)

It doesn't sound to me
like there's anything wrong with the skis you have.

Nobody understand me
:-(

TA