Old March 28th 05, 08:52 PM

In article ,
Booker C. Bense
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Mar.23.05@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

In article ,
Hal Murray wrote:

How do you manage to turn on double camber skis?

_ Sidecut, but none of the S-bound skis is anywhere near as stiff
as a double camber waxable ski. They use a negative pattern base
that does not require as much camber to still be relatively fast.

I do downhill/AT skiing as fa as I remember. 5-6 years ago I started XC
skiing. Well, ski-hiking...
This year I started telemarking. I can telemark on my old touring set
(Madshus_something 60-50-55 waxless +Salomon Country9 +SNSProfile). But
it is much easier on my new set (Karhu Vela 70-60-65 -175cm +
SalomonAdventure8 (or Adventure Raid - I've bought both of them because
of lack of the response here)+ SNS BC).
However going up and even running on the flat is awkward (comparing with
that Madshus set).
These Karhu are waxable but do have negative fishscale. I have no idea
how can I wax (I mean gripwaxes and klisters) waxable skis with a
fishscale. I suspect the pattern was made in the ski shop. Should I
return these skis?

:-(
TA