Old March 12th 06, 10:34 PM

I'm 6ft 2", 13 stone and have size 10 feet. I started with a Burton Indie
164 - much too long. Last March I upgraded to a Ride timeless 161. I've had
7 weeks on it since then and it's been fantastic. Its a few mm's wider than
the decade but almost the same and I've not experienced problems with toe
overhang.

Long boards are for boarders who can't ride switch and who never leave the
ground. They are make jibbing difficult and are cumbersome in the park

My advice is to take back the decade and upgrade to the timeless 161.

"James Varty" wrote in message
I'm a novice to intermediate boarder and thought I'd buy a board in the
sales ready for next season. I've gone for a Ride 'decade' 160 cm, and
Flow amp 5 bindings.

I discussed a variety of options with the guy in the shop but I think the
boards I've hired before have been wider. The selection of sale boards
wasn't great so I ended up going for this, but now I'm wondering if I
should have gone for a wide board instead. I'm 6ft 2" tall and weigh about
95 kilos, and have a UK size 10 (US 11) boot.

I'll have a bit of toe overhang on the board - is this usual? I could
probably swap it for something else over the next few days, so please let
me know if I'd be better off with something else.

Cheers

James