Old January 16th 04, 01:39 PM
Ace

Default Grandvalira (Soldeu) comments

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:28:50 -0000, "dlogan"
wrote:

2 of us are going to Pas on the 25th Jan, we would like to sort out the lift
passes in advance if thats possible.

I've emailed Grandvalira and they've replied to say just buy them when you
get there..

Sounds reasonable.

although when you get there the first thing I want to do is dump
my bags and hit the slopes, our ETA is 1/2pm.

So just add an extra five minutes to get the lift pass - you can get
them right next to the main lifts out of PdlC.

I've asked the agent I booked with and they've not got a clue - Grandvalira
?? whats that ?? was the reply, they offered a pass for PdlC for 100 pound.

Not surprised - the name is new and is only just starting to be
pushed. I think you may be better to buy the pass in Euros, as any
travel agent will be having to hedge their bets exchange rates, so
is likely to be slightly overcharging.

My question is can I purchase the Grandvalira pass anywhere prior to our
arrival ?? if not what should I be prepared to do when I get there ??

Get your ski gear on, walk up the road towards where the ski lifts
(100m from town centre) and look for the lift pass desks. Can't
remember exactly where they are, but they're well marked. Armed with a
passport photo, should take you no more than 5 minutes in total then
you can be on a lift and on your way.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)