Old December 15th 10, 10:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default An enjoyable evening

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:55:55 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Not the same. And the speakers are fixed to the laptop. If you use
headphones you're still only going to get stereo, not surround sound.

SS is over-rated.

That's the stupidest thing you've ever said.

I mostly only notice it when something loud behind me
startles me. Not something I want to pay extra for. There are real
advantages to growing up -- you can use MUCH cheaper stereo equipment.

Either you've never heard good Surround Sound, or you don't watch
DVDs, or you watch those sappy love movies with no car chases or
explosions. Or you need to get your hearing checked.

Have you discovered the ASUS OPlay? Nice to have one piece of
relatively inexpensive equipment that can find all your AV stuff on all
your computers, DVD/CD players, thumbdrives, etc. and play it through
your big-screen TV and SS stereo.

Never heard of it. I don't need it. My TV has an SVGA port a USB
port, and two HDMI ports. My Surround Sound has three AV inputs, a TV
input, three HDMI inputs, a USB input, a HDMI output to the TV, an AV
output to the TV, and AM/FM.

My old SS had only Dolby, Dolby Digital, and DTS. That's why I bought
a new one. New Blu-Ray disks have DTS HD which the old one couldn't
play. The new one has Dolby, Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS HD, DTS ES, DTS
Express, DTS 96/24, NEO:6, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital TrueHD,
Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, IIx, IIz. And it was only $229
at Wal-Mart.

I had to buy two more speakers since this is 7.1 and I had to buy a
powered subwoofer since the old one didn't need it. The book says that
it will work fine with just two speakers but where's the fun in that?

A better interface would definitely be nicer, though.

Don't know what you're talking about. It couldn't be easier.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.