Old March 7th 06, 05:24 AM

Not exactly. Watching the video, at 50k Leijon of Mora is about
1:45 down the trail. Chamberlain would have been in the trailing pack,
but unfortunately there is not a second camera for another several K.
They catch Leijon around 58k and at 61.7k, going thru the second
sprint, Chamberlain is not in the top 50. I do wonder if the back
seizure was coincidental or related to his effort.

Gene

"delltodd" wrote:

JK / Jeff Kalember - nice job Michigan home boy !

Pete Vordenberg wrote on teamtoday.org:
"Dave Chamberlain is bib 314. He started out with a tight back... was
in 250th place at 5km and skied himself up to lead the race from about
10 to 15km. Here he is in the lead group at about 50km."

Dave began with a tight back, which seized after 70k.

I'm proud of that kid. He is facing a wicked racing schedule. He JUST
got over to Europe.

So he had a rough start, or was given a citizens start pen, which does
happen, got himself to THE FRONT of the race, and stayed in the hunt
thru 70k. Till his back failed. ouch.

Well done solider.

We'll see more exciting stuff from him.