Old March 24th 06, 11:00 PM

Hey Terje. Very impressive in terms of the darkenss and cold challenges
Ousland-Horn have had to deal with. Each genuine adventure has its own
unique challenges that push the boundaries and inspire.

The interesting/controversial question is at what point are the
challenges of an expedition so self-defined as to be a gimick, just so
that a 'first' can be claimed for publicity and book writing reasons.
Did the Ousland-Horn expedition push the boundaries of winter travel in
the Northern Polar Region and inspire us towards tougher expeditions at
this time of the year? I don't know the details enough, but I'd say
probably.

I've also been up the South Col and the Hilllary Steps many a time
with a warm butt and a cold beer ;-) I'm still trying to figure out how
to claim a first sitting on my Lazy-Boy.

Parham