Old February 7th 05, 06:23 PM
Marsh Jones

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
Fischer's number is 603-224-2800 and ask for Nordic (I think Abby), or
do a google search on this newsgroup for Eli Brown, who is the Fischer
US nordic manager. The big problem is not the laces, which can be
replaced, but the lacing system. I get the impression that will be
changed next season.

Actually, it's both. I've broken two laces, and seen a number (5+) of
others who have had similar problems. The 'stock' laces are terrible.
I replaced mine with Salomon 'one pull' from a pair of skate boots, and
have seen other folks use waxed kevlar speed skate laces.

Marsh

Gene

wrote:

Brendon M Troy writes:

Brendon What did Fischer say when you called/wrote to politely inform
Brendon them of this?

Do you know of a good place to write/email
Fischer? I would love to be able to send the
boots in (I have both the classic and skating
boots) over the off-season to be modified. I
do not care how it looks, as long as the laces
tighten up once and for all and do not break
frequently.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)