Old January 26th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Default Coating vs Waxing

there is a very low percentage of open space *to absorb wax

Chemists say that wax goes in there by dilution. There is no "open
space" nor pores in the UHMWPE.
By cooling done the base, a small amount of wax wears out the base.
I'm not aware of another possible process to "un-dilute" in that
case.

So if a small amount of 1.2g sounds a lot to you, OK fine. I prefer
not to rely on that.

BTW, my kuzmin-preped bases never show the 'classic "dry base white
look" '.

Maybe good stone grinders exists, but I have not one at hand and I
like to do things myself.
So, I've thrown away my custom-made hot-box and swapped for a pair of
scrappers.
At least I've gained a lot of room in my garage.