Old December 10th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
delltodd

Default Wax Iron

On Dec 7, 6:25 pm, wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:37 am, delltodd wrote:

The thought occurred to me - a broken iron would put me out of
business untill I could get a new one, which could take a couple days.
Maybe my iron would break the night a ski race. Or I might drop it at
a bad time, and maybe that kills it. Could be a bad thing!

Maybe I should get a second iron.

Do you guys have a backup iron ?

How long do irons last before they retire ?

They work pretty long hours.

DT

Dell,

I did have a back up until I got a new one, classic impulse buy ( the
catalogs came). The 10 year old Toko works fine, I currently use it to
heat in base binder for classic wax. Nice new club suits by the way.
Others go towww.grnst.organd scroll down if you want to see what the
Grand Rapids (MI) team will be wearing this year.

I think this is the year that you chase down Darenzo and the
Frontrunner, although they are skiing at Rosies Run as we type.

John O'Connell
Saint Paul

Hey O'C!

To think I am just a new Mayo-Kiely Turbo Iron away from skiing with
Kalamzoo Nordic's finest ! I better order that thing.

Thanks for the kind words on the suit. The plan for the last version
was to go simple and we succeeded, so this time I'd been dreaming of
some flash for a long time. That Team Canada suit is probably my
favorite, and we were able to get it done nearly the same. Better be
fast in a suit that cool!

DT