Old February 19th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Walt

Default Tell me about Utah

news.charter.net wrote:
This is my first trip out west and I'm going into SLC Feb. 23-25. I have
accomodations already: 2 nights in SLC and 1 in Park City. I ski very
little, but skied a lot 20 years ago (I'm an intermediate with a lot of
energy). Can you tell me about the best mountains, lift lines, nightlife.
Where would you do your skiing?

Two days in SLC and one in PC? Spend one day in Big Cottonwood Canyon
(Solitude or Brighton) one day in Little Cottonwood Canyon (Alta) and
one day at Park City ( Park City Mountain Resort ).

Avoid Brighton on Saturday (kids ski free, so it's mobbed with LDS
families). Alta can get crowded on Saturday too. Solitude will not be
crowded. Can't really say about PC, haven't been there enough.

All the resorts mentioned have a variety of runs and you should be able
to find terrain to suit you at any of them. Buy your passes in town to
save some $$$. http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

Nightlife? If you ski like you're supposed to, you won't have any
energy for nightlife. But you may find this useful:
http://www.slcparty.com/Laws.htm

good luck have fun.

//Walt