Old June 6th 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Need some advanced Excel help

Yabahoobs wrote:
Jeez, I don't pay attention to this place for a week or two, and it's
pretty much identical thread titles to when I left. Anyway, I'm
running Office 2007. Hoping one of you guys can give a hand.

I'm trying to organize some data retrieved off a datalogger. A
measurement was taken on 1 of 8 sampling chambers every 2 hours for a
month. It's taking concentration of CO2 from the chamber. The
measurement device cycles from one chamber to the next, ever 15
minutes, completing the cycle every 2 hrs. A time and datestamp is
recorded as a numerical string for each measurement (from each
chamber).

So I have imported the resulting CSV file into Excel. I need to
organize this data by chamber number (as the column heading). To do
so, I need to retrieve every 8th value from another column and paste
that into the column for each chamber (1-8), so that :

A1, A9, A17 etc.... ------B1, B2, B3.

Any help here? This seems to be beyond what I know how to do. And
Yes, I realize this isn't skiing-related. Sorry.

I would have to see text file do not know how your logger is configured
to write the text file
"time","datestamp","data" or
"time","datestamp","c1","c2","c3","c4","c5", etc

The cycle times seems to only collect on chamber 1 or what ever chamber
it was on on the 2 hour mark