Old February 9th 04, 11:34 AM
Nigel (Remove NOSPAM)

Default Fines in France for not having driving licence

Its none of the waste of time & resources softly softly approach you get
with the wooden tops in UK !
Most Euro countrys's you have to prove your ID and then they have to
establish it before they let you go!

Basically you have to get someone to put up bail (if you cant yourself)
& then report back with your docs ! It only applies to foreign drivers .

Nigel

Steve Haigh wrote:
Nigel wrote:

Nigel (Remove NOSPAM) wrote:

In Germany if you are involved in an accident and cant produce your
put in the slammer until you can . I know this for a fact from
personal experience :-)

How can you produce your licence etc if you're locked up?

I'm picturing the scene from the Great Escape with Donald Pleasence
forging papers...