Old February 9th 04, 07:17 AM
Nigel

Default Fines in France for not having driving licence

Nigel (Remove NOSPAM) wrote:

Not sure about France but in Holland,Germany,Austria & probably most
of the rest of europe . You must have your Licence on you when you
drive .

If I remember rightly from when I used to live in Blighty (long time
ago now) it is actually a legal requirement to have your licence or
International Driver License,log book,MOT on you when you take your
car abroad. So weather your partner doesn't have her license back &
she is driving, she will be breaking the law !

In Germany if you are involved in an accident and cant produce your
put in the slammer until you can . I know this for a fact from
personal experience :-)

Goodluck

Nigel

Roger wrote:

We're driving to the French Alps next week and due to the DVLA not
being able to return my partner's driving licence in time due to an
address change, she won't be able to take it with her.

I hear if you can't produce your licence if required you're fined on
the spot - anyone know how much?

I really don't want to have to drive it all myself and of all the
thousands of miles I've driven thru France I've never needed mine but
want to weigh up whether it's worth risking it.

cheers