Old January 18th 05, 09:19 PM
Dave Stallard

Jay Levitt wrote:

So the next morning I went out, and while the arch pain was mostly gone,
my toes were still getting numb after an hour or two. Back to the shop.
I didn't feel the boots pressing anywhere except the ankle, so Russ
ground the ankles. Went back out, still getting numb. Came back, and
Russ was gone, so Ian helped me. We tried a few things, and finally, I
asked - is it possible that the boots themselves are the wrong size?
Sure enough, they were too loose; I should really be in a 26. They
won't normally exchange boots from one ASC shop to another, but the
manager was coming in the next morning and could do it. I decided to
take advantage of the opportunity and upgrade to X-Wave 8's since I knew
I'd outgrow the Performas rapidly. At first they were agony, but after
swapping the footbeds for wintergreen Superfeet they were wonderful.

Jay,

One question. Are you middle toes longer than your big toe?

Dave