Old November 25th 03, 07:44 AM
Terje Mathisen

Default Skiing in Utah

BRL wrote:

Listeners, I am a student at Utah State University and am writing a
paper about Alta/Snowbird. If you have been skiing there and could
compare it with other resorts. Did you like it, why or why not. Would
you rate them as the best resorts in the nation or north america. Any
info you could give me would be great and let me know if you will give
me permission to cite you.

It seems to me like you're in the wrong newsgroup, neither Alta nor
Snowbird have any xc skiing worth mentioning!

I've done a lot of skiing at both of those areas, we skied every
saturday & sunday for the 6 months when they were open. (We also skied
Solitude, Brighton and Park City, but mostly Alta.)

I did bring my xc skis to Utah, but coming from Norway the idea of
paying $10+ to be allowed to ski loops (at Solitude) in a short, boring
track really didn't appeal to me.

The powder in Utah otoh is very nice, even though it does require lifts
to get any serious amount of skiing. :-(

Terje
--
-