Old February 11th 05, 09:21 PM
jls.ingram

I went there about six years ago, and have never been back as I had the best
skiing holiday I've ever had, and don't want to spoil the memory by going
again, (its never the same 2nd time around) When we arrived in Tonale it
was late afternoon snowing mist and very bleak looking. A passing rep said
rather glumly that it was always like this in Tonale. Next morning and for
the next eight days bright sun and powder. It is a high resort well above
the tree line with a mixture of easy slopes and a more challenging reds , a
couple of blacks right at the top. We met up with a two or three other
groups of mixed skiing ability, everyone enjoyed their holiday . The bars
in town are ok, There is an ice rink , when we were there there was
floodlit skiing I think about once every couple of nights which are great
fun. Skidoo trips at night up to mountains restaurants and flare torch
descents!. 90% of resort is on one side of the valley. Since on the last
day I was looking after less adventurous skiers we stayed in the main
resort. and had a great last day. On the other side of the valley a cable
car makes an as cent to an area of red runs very high up. The only way down
is a black run which my companions said was not a red run in disguise but a
pure black icy run down to the valley below. I always regret about not
doing this run. and got bored with intrepid tales of those who spent there
last day there. You will enjoy Tonale ,don't be put off by first
appearance its a great little place. ps let us know if you do "THE Big
Black run across the road" Have a good time Issy.
"Ignat" wrote in message
Hello!!
I'm going to Tonale (Italy) this year. Please tell me if it's a good place
for skiing?
Has anyone been there before?
I'm quite experienced skiier, so tell me please if Tonale is a place where

can have some fun?
Also I would appreciate infos regarding some good places to spend

evenings
like bars, pubs etc.

Thanks for your help

Ignat