Old November 24th 03, 05:59 PM
Mike T

Default Advice? Mt. Bachelor, Mt. Baker, Big Sky or Aleyska? DEC.

Mt. Hood Meadows has some of the best terrain on Hood but the
runs are too short for my taste unless Heather Canyon is open.

The best in-bounds run I've ever taken in my life:

I hiked from the top of Cascade Express at Meadows, up the Superbowl
snow cat trail to 9000 feet. I dropped in, stayed to the left of the
cliffs that drop into Upper Heather, and then proceeded into Clark
canyon, onto the lower heather runout, and then onto the Hood Rover
Meadows runout. 4500 vertical feet, *no stopping*. Talk about a
thigh burner - especially the HRM runout which is pretty flat.

This spring assuming sufficient cover I'll have to do the top of Palmer
to Gov't camp run without stopping... that's about 4700 vertical.