Old February 4th 15, 12:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Skiing in Fairbanks AK

On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:48:40 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Ski fast -Take chances.....

Record has crept on up, now 252.4kmh (156.8mph)
Simone Origone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLEEvDDpu1M

Not my cup of tea.
Although I have some 230 cm obsolete old Atomic DH skis that bounce and
rattle like a Model A until you hit 55-60 mph and they suddenly go quiet
and smooth and track and turn like they're on rails. I always stood up
to slow long before these skis would top out.

Best I've ever done is 53 mph, and that was several years ago. I just
can't count on being able to deal with it if some moving slalom gate or
piece of unpleasantly soft snow suddenly decides to dart out in front of me.

Wuss. There's a run a Boyne Highlands that is listed at 5280 feet
long. I've often timed myself at less than 60 seconds. My best is 50
seconds.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe