Old September 16th 14, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Engleberg skiing

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:35:21 +0100, Champ wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:29:52 +0100, PipL wrote:

Which is why I usually walk rather than take the bus.

It was easier last time, though: one of the advantages of snowboarding boots.

I thought one of the advantages of snowboarding boots was to fell smug
in the company of skiers when having to walk anywhere?

Oh, yes indeed. Trouble is, I have to feel smug at myself half the time. But
then again, I did get stuck in deep, rather sticky powder last time out, and
got very hot and bothered trying to get the board to move fast enough to get
some float and get back on top of it all, where on skis I would have just
shuffled and poled my way out.

At its apogee on the arrette from Aiguille de Midi to the starting
point of the Vallee Blanche

Never done that. On my ToDo list, before it melts.
--

Pip