Old February 3rd 05, 04:13 AM
Waco Paco

roah wrote:

Hi there - I've got some Rossi boots that I got last year and like them
okay. However, I'd really like to get some boots that aren't such a
PAIN to keep tight via liner laces/outer laces. I've started reading a
bit about the BOA systems available on lots of boots now. Does anyone
have input regarding the quality/effectiveness of this lacing system?
Thanks in advance, and if you've had different results with different
brand boots with the same system, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks!
have a good day
roah

I've also had the same curiosity you had last october when I was in
store for new boots. I tried out a pair of boas and can't say that I
liked them. One thing with the boas is that you can't customize the
tightness. I usually like it a little looser around the toes and tight
around the ankles and upnear the shins. But with the boas its either
tight all around or loose all around. Another thing I found is that even
though they claim to be aircraft grade steel cables, they just seem
flimsy. I would not want one of those breaking mid-vacation because i
wouldn't know where to look for replacements. Normal boots i could grab
long laces and I'll be set.

However, I did see a good compromise coming from K2. Instead of having
the boa on the outside, they put it on the liner. You can tighten the
liner by twisting the dial which you can reach from the outside of the
boot. And the shell is just normal lacing. I haven't heard anything
about it yet, but seems to be a good idea.

stu