Old January 8th 05, 01:20 AM
Mary Malmros

Sue White wrote:

In message , Mary Malmros
writes

Well, you're in the minority. Just about everybody I know who skis
regularly has broken, strained, sprained, snapped, or dislocated
something at some point in their career. No, it's not inevitable,
but odds are something will happen eventually.

It depends how you do it.
I know cyclists who never fall, but they never grin with delight
either. I also know a few idiots who never fall because they ride so
fast they haven't time to.
And one or two who just have a better sense of balance than most.
Then there's the rest of us - mud, sweat, jokes and beer.

...hydrogen peroxide, gauze and duct tape!

No. Between a dozen of us we'll have enough tools and bits to get most
bikes home most of the time. We never seem to have anything for riders.

When someone broke her wrist we used a spare inner tube as a sling, and
someone walked with her a mile or two to a station.

Well, there ya go -- know-how, better than the best-stocked first aid kit.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.