Old February 3rd 04, 03:09 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Default Advice wanted on spending a season in Canada...

Ray wrote:
1. I have seen accomodation for rent in Nelson for $800can per month
including heating. Does this sound reasonable / high / low?

Depends on what you're renting. Low for a big house, high for a
bachelor suite. I'm not real familiar with the real estate market in
Nelson...

2. Based on the above figure, would another $1000can per month be
enough for food, living etc?

Not sure what the above figure has to do with it, but $1000/month is
definitely enough to live on, so long as you're not in the bar all the
time. That would be your entire salary before taxes if you were a lifty.

3. If I lived in a resort town would I need a car?

Depends on which town but probably not. You might do a lot of
hitchhiking if you lived in Banff though.

4. Any suggestions on a good place to head for... somewhere cheap with
good snow and facilities?

Golden, BC is the Next Big Thing. Do a Google for Kicking Horse Resort.

Neil