Old September 25th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default The Aftermath of the Carnage

vincent walker wrote:
Well it's been a week since the surgery. I've got a 8-10 inch incision line
going up the back held together with a ****load of staples. It's supposed to
be another week before they can be removed. I'm in a bit of discomfort from
both the staples and the fusion itself. I'm taking Lortab and Lodine so I
can sit, walk and sleep. No numbness or tingling. Just weak, really weak.
When I got out of surgery I had all the usual tubes. I had a Hemovac drain
and put off about a liter of blood. Pain was addressed with a PCA pump with
morphine - kept it for two days. I started walking in about 36 hours after
the procedure. These staples are ****ing me off and I can't start driving
until after they're gone and I can give up the Lortabs. This has been an
interesting experience.

Vinnie,
This sounds like what my ex-wife will be going
through for a "synovial cyst" in the lumbar
region. What was the reason for your surgery?
You may have said, but I frequently ignore
rsa completely when the noise/information ratio
gets too high.