Old July 23rd 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default how much training ...

On 23 Jul 2006 11:50:46 -0700, wrote:
I've heard it expostulated that anyone with a more or less normal
physiology has what it takes to become a top cyclist.

I doubt that. I think such a person could make it to good amateur
level -- doing well regionally and participating even in pro-am events
in terms of riding around in the pack, but to actually be a factor in
top level races (ProTour races) requires abnormally good genetics.

Almost ever rider that gets to the top level in the sport had almost
immediate demonstrated great potential as a beginner, even when not
training very well.

JFT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit