Old July 26th 03, 01:22 AM
TomTom

Default Whistler Recommendations?

In January 8 of us stayed at blackcomb lodge which is in the HEART of
whistler for around what you're looking to spend. 4 people per room, two
single beds and a pullout queen, kitchenette and full size refridgerator. 5
minute walk to base of whistler mtn (which also has a lift to blackcomb) and
right by the popular bars. Pool & Hottub. The car didn't come out of the
parking garage once, there was a food & liquor store about 50 meters from
the hotel as well as many restaurants and bars within a few minutes walk.

We rented a car, which was probably a waste of money. The best way to from
Vancouver to Whistler is the local bus service which is about $20 or so if I
remember correctly, cheaper than the official shuttle (i think it's $38) and
much less than you'd spend on a rental car.

http://www.blackcomblodge.com/
http://www.blackcomblodge.com/proper...rgPropertyID=2

"Dan Morgan" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I'm trying to organise a trip to Whistler for the end of
Feb/beginning of March 2004 and was wondering if anyone's got any
recommendations for accommodation? There'll be about 6-8 of us,
looking to spend about £200 pp for 7 days' accommodation, so I've been
mainly looking at hiring chalets/condos.

Any recommendations on location, properties, nightlife or websites
gratefully received

Cheers

Dan

---