Old September 15th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Walt

Default Best family friendly ski resorts in Colorado?

pigo wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:06 am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/22/10 1:28 PM, stenor1 wrote:
We usually ski in Tahoe

CLIP

note that the group "rec.skiing.alpine.moderated" is also available if
you wish higher signal to noise in your correspondence.

Well that's good to know. Is it moderated now? Who's moderating it? Or
do those whitelisted just have the ability to post now? And if so,
what is the backlash for those that don't follow the rules?

Last I heard, there was a team of moderators, but I'm not sure how
active they are. There is a "whitelist", so anyone on it can post
without the moderators having to do anything. If someone not on the
whitelist tries to post, it stays in the queue until a mod approves it.

If someone doesn't follow the rules, they're probably taken off the
whitelist and every post has to be moderated although I'd imagine that
there's probably an automated kill-file in place by now.

HTH. Here's to the upcoming season.

//Walt