Old September 25th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Cruiser Joe

Default Volkl T-Rock mid-chord? or mid-sole mount?

On Sep 25, 12:21 am, _Uli wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 23.09.2007, 10:05 -0700 schrieb Cruiser Joe:

Hey there,

does anyone know if Volkl T-rock's should be mounted at mid-chord or
mid-sole?

I've always mounted my own tele bindings at mid-chord...but these skis
have a mid-sole mark on the edges like an alpine ski.
hmmmmm....what's up with that? Any suggestions? or is that intended
for people using AT bindings?

thanks
Cruiser Joe

Here we mount them in this way: find the balance point then go forward 2
cm. On that line should be mounted your pin line ....

The mid sole line is only an orientation for mounting alpine and alpine
rando bindings.

Cheers,

Uli

Danke schoen, Uli. I can see where that method would benefit striding
and climbing. I think the mid-chord method favors turning ability a
bit more...if I were to guess. Joe