Old February 16th 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

Default decline

"Pip Luscher" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:53:11 +0100, Ace wrote:

So anyway, where's your thread asking for all the latest gen on
Flaine? That's what this group's missing, so get to it.

Heh, well, I went there last year and this year's already booked. The
snow will be what the snow will be....

Oh, in case I can be bothered to make a day trip, what's the drive
like from Flaine to Chamonix? It's unlikely that I would waste half a
good day driving, but just in case, like.
--
-Pip

Depends on the weather, as snow on the Flaine access road can slow things
down dramatically (think chains or textile snow-socks...).
FWIW, last season we drove from Les Carroz to Chamonix (well under an hour,
as I remember) and through the Mont Blanc Tunnel for a day's skiing in
Courmayeur, and felt it was well worth the effort. Must have done, as we did
it again during a return visit a month or so later...

As Ace said, Les Houches is worth a pop, much underrated and is closer, too.

Let us know how you get on!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude