Old January 20th 05, 05:43 AM
ant

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-13, ant penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-12, ant penned:

mary Jane at Winter Park? nice gentle terrain, nothing gnarly. If you
want
more groomers, then WP is just over the hill.

Obviously your definition of gnarly differs from mine =P

I did my level II exam at mary jane, and the group spent a lot of time
searching for appropriate bumps for the bumps segment. Seemed like a
pretty
nice, blue easy-black sort of place.

Um.

For some reason the winter park website won't work for me right now, but
everything I recall is that MJ (at least the fun part) is primarily black
and
is known for its challenging bumps. There is a blue groomer that loops
around
to the lift called Corona or something ...

Um.

What they put on trail maps does not necessarily reflect reality. Great for
peoples' egos though. I did not think MJ was a difficult area. It was nice,
there was some fun stuff there, but I wouldn't call it difficult. If it was
iced up, possibly.

We searched for appropriate bumps because what we found didn't really come
under what we considered "black" bumps. Mind you, we'd have been very happy
to do our exam on what we found, but the examiner felt we should do actual
black level ones.
We all came from other ski areas.

ant