Old October 10th 03, 06:08 PM
bdubya

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:30:06 CST, "MoonMan"
wrote:

In , bdubya typed:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:33:11 CST, lal_truckee
wrote:

bdubya wrote:

So when heading north for a few days on the hills, which should I
take? Or should I take one and my girlfriend takes the other, so as
to cover all our bases? Decisions, decisions.....

Pickup - but only after throwing a yd^2 of sand in the bed. Thing
tracks badly because it's nowhere near design weight. Add some
overall weight to move compress the suspension and some rear weight
to even out the traction and you're set, even without speciality
tires.

(Throw a tow rope and a shovel in the bed, and you can use that sand
to rescue cute grrls who are stuck in the snow.)

I travel with a grrl (a certified two-planker!) so there's no special
benefit to rescuing grrls vs. anybody else who's stuck (I already have
the recovery strap). Weighting the rear would help, of course, but
I'd like to do it with something more useful than the sand (if I can't
yank'em outta the ditch, I doubt the sand will help much).
Hmmm....mebbe if I weight the rear end down with a used-but-functional
snowmobobble? Then I'm REALLY set. What's a used sled go for these
days?

bw

Why not weigh it down with beer

Good idea, but the beer rides in the cab, where it won't freeze and
blow the caps off the bottles. I guess I could rig an exhaust bypass
to heat the bed, though. Hmmm....

bw

bw