Old January 26th 19, 02:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harvard Horvath

Default Directions

[Default] On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:30:14 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Another problem is following the directions too literally. I hate it
when voice mail answers, "Are you calling about, something? Please
answer 'Yes or no,'" and I say, "Yes or no." And she says. "I'm
sorry, I didn't get that, please answer, 'Yes or no.'" And I say,
"Yes or no.'" And the whole thing starts again.

A good system will then ask you to wait for a representative...

BIIIIIIIIIINGOOOOOOO!!!! Give the lady a see-gar! Suppose I had
said, "Si or nyet"?

I would kill for an LCD display on a toaster. A little picture of the
brownness of the toast, a countdown timer, and a pause button. How
many times have you been making breakfast and you're waiting for your
toast to pop, and you're wondering if you got time to open another
beer? Especially when the timer on the oven dings, and you have to
take out your eggs Florentine before they get rubbery. A damn pause
button would come in handy.

What's needed is a memory. You put in a slice, assign a number and push
a button. Then you have to toast it, checking frequently for the degree
of toastedness desired, and then push a SAVE button. Minor initial
nuisance, but how many different kinds of bread to you use?

Wouldn't work in my house. My parents come from Eastern Europe, and
when they were here they used to buy all kinds of bread, oat bread,
potato bread, rye, wheat, pumpernickel. (Don't call me a racist but
I'm a conservative. I'm strictly a white bread guy. I never could
stand black bread.)

Also I like to cook other things in the toaster, such as toaster
pastries, eggos, and English muffins.

Main
variable is the amount of sugar.

The sugar caramelizes in the toaster, that's what makes it brown.

I want a microwave freezer. I want a faster microwave -- a minute to
heat a cup of coffee is too long. I want to figure out how to soften
butter quickly (under 10 seconds) without melting it.

Have you tried taking off the foil?

I want a microwave I can cook eggs in. Put in two fresh eggs in and
one minute later they're like hard boiled. Also I want one with a
remote. Also I want a UKR, universal kitchen remote. One that can
control the stove, oven, microwave, toaster, espresso machine,
overhead fan, roaster, bread maker, electric can opener, pizza oven,
hot air fryer, even the TV, AND can answer the phone. AND has a damn
pause button.

People who have no access to an information device don't need one.

That's ridiculous. It's like saying that people who don't have a car
don't need to leave their house.

Not quite. That skips a step. People who don't have a car don't need a
manual.

OK, but it's still like saying people who don't have a bathroom don't
need a bathroom.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the Universe

Horvath