Old February 16th 04, 07:19 AM
Jeremy Mortimer

Default Things one would like to do in a good snow year

funkraum wrote in
:

+ The ring at Avoriaz

+ Just about everything else in the Port du Soleil except Flaine.

+ Ski down to Chamonix

+ Verbier: Ski all the way from The foot of the Tortin down to Thyon.

+ The Harz

+ Kitzbühel etc

Verbier - Le Chable.

First tracks in the Couloir des Pisteurs.

Powder day at Habère-Poche.

Ski de fond across Geneva to get to work.

Actually most or all of these except the last are at least briefly possible
most seasons; it's more a matter of being there at the right time.

Flaine isn't in the PdS - do you mean Avoriaz again? I have in the past
wandered around the PdS over 2 days from Avoriaz - put a toothbrush in the
rucksack and stayed in a hotel in (if I remember corerctly) Morgins.

Jeremy