Old March 21st 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Dll

Default Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Rofl, so I *think* that's another vote against Naxos?

On Mar 20, 3:04 am, davidof
I'm thinking Naxo.

Naxo, the first small step on the journey to eventual Dynafit
enlightenment. Be careful glasshopper, the path is long, prone to
breakage and very heavy when taken with the Naxos but the reward all the
greater for your sufference.

Naxo had some issues with an older binding that some can't seem to get over.

I had the opportunity to try a Freeride+ on one foot, and a Naxo N21 on the
other for touring. The difference was night and day, at least for me. I
thought the Naxo was absolutely superior for climbing. It's like you don't
even need a pivot in your AT boot, the roll is so smooth and efficient.
From the perspective of a ME, I think the Naxo is built a little better too.
The Naxo also has a more truer DIN release for the toe, so I think that add
some safety as well. The front release has its spring oriented like on
alpine bindings. So I bought the Naxos earlier in the season and have been
pretty happy. I'm not sure what you get with the Prinzess version. I'd
just get the N21 in the correct size and call it good.

- Nate