Old March 19th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
_Uli

Default Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Am Sonntag, den 18.03.2007, 15:55 -0700 schrieb :

I'm thinking Naxo. But before I purchase, I'll see if anyone here can
give me advice.

Naxo is ok, pretty solid and also with stronger fixing values (up to 12)
than most touring bindings. There is only one point you should be aware
of: because of the first turning point (in marching position) before the
binding, when you will do very steeps directly (more than 30° or so)
you're a little bit in disadvantage compared with a Fritschi, and even
more in comparison with a Silvretta Pure or Dynafit.

But OTOH, Naxo is pretty solid, has a large base (on the ski) and
probably offers the best control of all touring bindings.

Cheers,

Uli