Old December 13th 12, 10:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default XC ski hints wanted!

gr wrote:
I had in mind more specific hints such as;
--great products you have found

Blue Extra wax, either Swix or Rode

-ways that work to keeps hands warm

(Heavy) mittens, not gloves!

-special wax solutions (I like Start Grip Tape!)
-lights for night skiing

Anything works here, but I use my Night-O lamps from Lupine:

A regular old 20W halogen lamp from Mila or similar gives more than
enough light for skiing on snow, but a modern LED gives more light, over
longer durations, at significantly less total weight.

The Betty X Pro at 1800 (or 2700) lumens is like skiing with a card
headlight, perfect for telling snowmobilers or mnt bikers to get "out of
the way": They really shouldn't be in the xc tracks anyway!

Terje

-etc.

Hope that doesn't start "religious" discussions!

On 12/11/2012 3:47 PM, wrote:
Discussions on topics like this pretty much killed the newsgroup.
Here's a quick, safe list:

- dress in layers and wear sunglasses
- take liquid, a snack and keep hydrated
- take a lesson from certified pro
- make it enjoyable

Gene

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 09:40:18 -0500
gr wrote:

I write a newsletter for the Rochester NY XC club and want to list
the best XC ski hints!
OK group.... what do you have on tap?
Thanks,
Gary