Old August 31st 03, 09:54 PM
Richard

Default Xmas/New Year snow

Hi,

If you are looking for good snow at Christmas/New Year how about trying
Tignes. Tignes is at 2100m so is higher than almost all other European
resorts so it is as close to a snowsure resort as you can get. If you check
the Ski Club of Great Britain site it shows an average of 49cm (lower) and
136cm (upper) for Christmas week and 76cm and 152cm for the New Year week.
Linked with Val D'Isere it also offers some of the best skiing in the Alps.

We have a fabulous chalet in Tignes and would be happy to welcome you.
Please see www.snowstarholidays.com and also www.tignes.net.

Thanks,

Richard.

SNOWSTAR Holidays
Phone/Fax: 020 8686 6610
email:
web:
www.snowstarholidays.com

"Sarah Eggleston" wrote in message
Failing a crystal ball for the 2003/4 and 2004/5 seasons (I wish!),
does anyone have anecdotal evidence of Christmas/New Year snow
reliability over the past few seasons?

Is Austria (historically) better than France? Or vice versa?

If there's no snow at all, how busy are the glaciers?

Do snow cannons make a difference and which resorts have the most?

Is it worth the extra cost and jetlag of a trek across the Atlantic
for more reliable snow cover??

(We've skied the last 3 years at Easter and are getting fed up
with ice and slush.)

-Sarah

PS would anyone like to re-employ some teachers at a school
which has holidays in Jan/Feb??