Old November 24th 13, 12:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Alpina CSK/RSK boots for roller skiing

Hi, I was wondering if anyone uses these boots for roller skiing. I tried them both, and while the fit was great, even with a fairly stiff cuff they didn't seem to provide a lot of ankle support. Also, they had this weird curved outsole that, while providing an curiously springy ride, didn't let the ski return to the boot after push-off (wheel hang). Finally, although they look great (white/red) the upper seems too fragile for roller ski duty. Maybe a snow-only boot?