Old May 16th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

Default Taichiskiing

"downhill" wrote in message
Stuart wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?
That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is to
the
outside.
So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

A skidded turn on skis happens when you hit some ice or hardpack for eg.
They are hard to control compared to a slipped turn as in side-slipping
or turning into the hill.

"Now, you gappers owe me and the board/RSA an apology for all the lies
you gappers told about me and the noises you gappers generated on the
board for your lies."

IS

A skid to the inside of a turn what law of physics lets that happen?
The only way he is going to skid to the inside is when he gets hit by a
snowmobile.
he is inventing definitions again what a sack of ****

No such thing as a "skid to the inside of a turn"
I think his native language might be Ennuit or something like it. That's
where he's creating confusion possibly.