Old May 16th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Taichiskiing

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is
to the outside.

So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

"Now, you gappers owe me and the board/RSA an apology for all the lies
you gappers told about me and the noises you gappers generated on the
board for your lies."

More like Scotty every day.

Please do tell us what all those lies were, so we know what to apologise for.