Old November 19th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Turning on flat skis?

VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Are we at all sure this is 'modern' technique?

It looks for all the world what I was learning
in the 60's for effective braking turns.
Make a platform (traverse strongly edged)
Release edges, perform turning maneuver
(steering or hop)
Bring skis around to opposite direction traverse
Set edges
Repeat

Well, it worked in the 60's, didn't it? It should work just as well
today.

Of course, there are other techniques that may work better.

Anyway, you can read his screed at
http://www.skipanda.com/Ski%20Carvin...%20Article.pdf
Sounds like a combination of footer, itchy, and the unabomber....

Oh, now I get it, he was poo-pooing carving.

where did you think he was going to go, he comes back about every 2
months with an other method to try to prove his point that still makes
no sense.
The use of rational thought and the ability to present a point using
standard english and proper rules of physics and mathematics that is
understood by anybody is not one of tie cheeses abilities.

I looked parts of this video and the only time his skis were flat was
when he transitioned from one turn to an other