Old November 13th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
snoCarver

Default Physics of a Snowboard Carved Turn by Jack Michaud with IainDuncumb

On Nov 12, 9:45*pm, lamed wrote:
Hi!
Thanks for your reply, I've been over it a few good times and I think
I get it a bit better now.
about the approximated turn radius. is this a formula from the books?

Yes, it is in the book Skiing Mechanics by John Howe. One time,
someone on the forum at BomberOnline (I think NateW) couldn't quite
get his head around it, so he derived it for himself and came up with
the same answer. In the process I believe he also proved the cosine
theorem! :-)
-Jack