Old February 2nd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Marty

Default Bode

On Feb 1, 6:32 pm, Alex Heney wrote:
On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:56:14 -0500, "pe.rhodes"

wrote:
Err, sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant "Gold at the World
Championships" vice World Cup. Bode was just named to race at the World
Championship Slalom at Are, Sweden., this weekend.
http://www.fis-ski.com/

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:05:29 -0500, "Phil Rhodes"
wrote:

Bode Miller has been entered in the slalom, trying to become the first to
win gold at the Worlds in all disciplines. But has anyone else even
qualified to attempt to do this?

Of course.

there are two people (Bode is NOT one of them) who have scored world
cup points in all five disciplines this season - Axel Lund Svindal and
Benni Raich. Svindal is in the top 30 (even the top 20) in all five,
while Raich is in the top 30 in 4, but 35th in DH.

Miller has no points in SL or Combined.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Woman's mind is cleaner than man's; it changes more often

But isn't qualification for those based on FIS points?

I would think anybody who has scored points in all disciplines is
"qualified" to enter all of them at the world championships.

Although most countries entering will have enough skiers that they
don't *need* to enter any one in all events :-)

We don't need to, Bode wants to. So, we let him because it's the
right thing to do. There has to be another couple of great SL runs in
there somewhere. If not, then he's still got SG, DH, and GS.
--
Marty